Laptop Shuts down when playing games

SneakyLunatic69

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014
When playing games like warframe my laptop will suddenly shut down without any warning.

I recently reset my computer because it wasn't working properly and sleep mode was screwed up.
The laptop is running faster now but all of a sudden this problem appeared.

Before the reset and when it was working fine I could play games like warframe and blacklight retribution but now when I try to play them I can for a little bit with no lag and no overheating (I checked, everything is at around 50C after shutting down and instantly rebooting.)

The computer started slowing down and overheating so I got a cooling pad and reset the pc with windows reset feature and reinstalled all of my programs (Steam, Skype, avast!, etc.) and tryed playing Warframe and it was working fine. The laptop wasn't hot, it was running fine and then it shut down, for absolutely no reason!

Can anyone help please?!

System:
Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics
Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.89 Usable)
System Type: 64 bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Solution
i highly think its over heating and doing any kind of stress test for laptop will cause more trouble ........
so download a temp monitoring software there are plenty of them here is a good one what i use hwd monitor...http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html#top
u can download latest drivers of nvidia or AMD from their official sites depending what gpu you have....
the best solution to this problem is to open the laptop and clean the heatsink with compressed air but if u are not comfortable with it then take you laptop to a service center .

SneakyLunatic69

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014

I do have my laptop plugged in while playing games but I haven't check pc temps while playing games. Only after I reboot it when it shuts down. The temperatures where around 50C.

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Hello,
Does Windows come back saying that it has recovered from an unexpected error or something along those lines? If it does, do you see the error code it provides? This would help us further localize the issue you see.

I see in your post you say it does the random reboot even at 50C, to what component are you referring to that it is at 50C (CPU or graphics)?

Please reply with your laptop model and BIOS version and as you do not specify the component, we should run a test or two to report temps:

Can you do the following:

Can you download this temp monitoring software and run it: cpuid hardware monitor pro (make you sure you set it to save monitoring data)

Could you by chance, download the free Heaven benchmark tool and run that also.

A list ditch effort is to ensure you have updated all your drivers, that is chipset, graphics etc.

See you soon,

Danny

SneakyLunatic69

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014

1. Usually when I reboot the computer after it shuts down it will display an error message. Next time it happens I will see if I can copy it and put it on here.

2. By 50C I meant 50 Degrees Celsius. All the temperatures were around that temperature.

3. BIOS Version/Date: American Mengatrends Inc. P15RAN.208.140429.ZW, 4/29/2014
System Model: 3570R/370R/470R/450R/510R/4450RV

4. I will try those programs that you've recommended but could you send a link to the websites to download them from?

Also I am installing a bunch of updates that I needed to install after resetting my PC they could be part of the problem...

Thanks!

prit87

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
i highly think its over heating and doing any kind of stress test for laptop will cause more trouble ........
so download a temp monitoring software there are plenty of them here is a good one what i use hwd monitor...http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html#top
u can download latest drivers of nvidia or AMD from their official sites depending what gpu you have....
the best solution to this problem is to open the laptop and clean the heatsink with compressed air but if u are not comfortable with it then take you laptop to a service center .

Solution