Laptop shuts off randomly after 3-10 seconds of use

TheOnlyNummy

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
I have a gateway laptop that shuts off soon after booting it up, always after about 3-10 seconds. The fan shuts off shortly before the laptop does, and it "clicks" when it shuts off. It has a ssd in it too. It seems like a thermal issue but I don't understand/can't find out why the fan keeps stopping. I tried opening it up but a screw it stripped badly and I cant get it off. I tried resetting the cmos, removing the Ram modules (even tried a new Ram) and removing the ssd and cd drive, as well as the "hard reset" (hold power button for 60 seconds with battery out and ac unplugged). I also can't seem to access my Bios

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, remove the battery again and connect it directly to it's charger and see if it will boot up and stay on.
- Next to try if it will still shutdown is to try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- If all these will not work then the problem lies in the motherboard itself.
- You've already tried reseating the RAM's and removed the HDD as well.

TheOnlyNummy

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

If it is the board is it possible to fix? or would I need to replace it?