Solved! Laptop sometimes doesn't find boot device

SashXXX

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Hi

My Laptop Asus G750JM has issues with booting. Sometimes when I turn on my laptop it just goes straight in to a blue screen. And when i go into the bios it doesn't find any bootable device. even when i turn it on and off several times it cant find anything. sometimes after few weeks or so , i turn it on and it works instantly, without having changed anything. Then it works again for few days, weeks or month and it cant find any boot device again.

I couldn't find any connection to when and how it happens.
This makes my laptop way too unreliable , especially for uni.

Does someone maybe know what i can try to fix it, It is a very good laptop , and wound mind spending money on replacing parts if necessary. I tried already installing the OS on the other drive, it worked for a while and then randomly just didn't start up again.

I am starting to consider chucking this laptop and just getting a new one.

Thanks

PS Laptop has a ssd and harddrive. I deleted and installed the os on both, but same problem.

Solution
OMG finally I found what do do when this happens. After years of unreliability. I read in some forum that someone had a similar issue and he turned his laptop off, took the battery out, pressed several times the off button and then put the battery back in.
I didn't think it would work but I really ran out of ideas, and i gave it a go.

And it actually worked !

I had in the last weeks 2 times the blue screen issue, and both times this trick worked out.

So now knowing that this works, I am sure it should be possible to find out what the issue is and which part I would have to replace to fix it.

Have windows 10 by the way.

Cheers

SashXXX

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
OMG finally I found what do do when this happens. After years of unreliability. I read in some forum that someone had a similar issue and he turned his laptop off, took the battery out, pressed several times the off button and then put the battery back in.
I didn't think it would work but I really ran out of ideas, and i gave it a go.

And it actually worked !

I had in the last weeks 2 times the blue screen issue, and both times this trick worked out.

So now knowing that this works, I am sure it should be possible to find out what the issue is and which part I would have to replace to fix it.

Have windows 10 by the way.

Cheers

Solution