Laptop sometimes extremely lags

IridescentCheese

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hello, so I have this gaming laptop ASUS ROG G501. I have been using it for more than a year now and a big problem started. Everytime I turn my laptop on it boots properly, but then it will lag severely after around 10 minutes of use. For example I am watching a movie and when I move the mouse I'll notice that the mouse pointer has a loading logo in it(the one that is circle and spinning)that won't disappear, after a few minutes the lag starts. The screen will freeze but the video will continue on playing, and everytime I try to move the mouse pointer it won't move. It will take around 1-2 minutes before the lag stops but will continue again after a few seconds, whenever this happens I'll just hold the power button until it turns off. But after I turn it back on tha same thing happens. I found a solution although not permanent, after turning it on I will first watch the mouse pointer and wait for the loading logo to stop and then I will close the laptop screen putting it to sleep mode leaving it sleeping for a few minutes. By the time I open it the lag no longer occurs but if I will shut it down and turn it on the lag and freeze will happen again.
I have to admit I accidentaly hit or slapped the palm rest of my laptop pretty strong and after a few days of use the lag began.

The specs by the way:
Cpu: I7-4720HQ
Gpu: GTX 960M
12GB RAM

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

IridescentCheese

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

I have downloaded and installed the hd tune app, how do i use it to see if there is a damage?

IridescentCheese

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

Do I have to run all the benchmarks or do I only have to run the error scan since its the only one that I need to see any damages?

IridescentCheese

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016

I can't post the picture right now but I finished error scanning and there are no damaged blocks so that means the hard disk is fine, although it took 3 hours, 15 minutes, and 36 seconds to finish scanning. Is that fine?