Laptop Stress Testing

Mar 22, 2018
I own a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series model 5759 laptop that I use for college work and personal use. Apart from keeping the laptop properly updated by means of software updates every Saturday/Sunday, I also do a weekly stress test of my laptop using the factory installed Dell Support Assist software, which happens to be the 15 minute test, not the 10 minute test. I started to wonder recently whether this sort of weekly stress testing was good for my laptop. Should I continue as normal, or should I do it less often?

By the way, I would also like some advice on upgrading my laptop hardware, like swapping out the slow SODIMM DDR3 RAM with some faster DDR4 RAM and getting a better Wi-Fi card. Is that even advisable/possible?

Laptop Specs:
>Intel Core i7-6500U CPU w/ Intel HD Graphics 520
>16 GB DDR3 RAM
>2TB Seagate-Samsung HDD
>4 GB AMD Radeon R5 M335 GPU
>Windows 10 Home OS
>17.3" FHD WLED Touchscreen Display
>Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160 Wi-Fi Card

Solution
Running a stress test on the system won't do much good for it if things are working normally. Those are only there to test components if you think there is an issue.

You can't swap DDR3 RAM for DDR4, it won't fit. Only thing that you can do to your system is change from the standard hard drive to a solid state.
Running a stress test on the system won't do much good for it if things are working normally. Those are only there to test components if you think there is an issue.

You can't swap DDR3 RAM for DDR4, it won't fit. Only thing that you can do to your system is change from the standard hard drive to a solid state.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS