Laptop stuck in safe mode, broken laptop monitor, can't get safe mode to start on tv.

Jakerg17

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
My laptop screen is broken. I went to msconfig to boot Safe mode automatically on start up but safe mode doesn't work on my tv. Is there anyway besides trying to shut the computer screen fast enough for it to read my tv screen. I tried doing that and it doesn't work. I neeed help :( it costs to much money to repair the monitor and I don't want to spend money fixing the monitor when I can just buy a new computer.

Jakerg17

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

no man. It doesn't work, is there any way I can get safe mode to work on my external monitor.......

darkbeasTswk

Estimable
Dec 18, 2015
you should open your laptop, wait until he opens, when you guess that the desktop appears, you will press WINDOWS+R
after that you will hold backspace 3 seconds, you will type "msconfig" and press enter, the msconfig should appear, you will need to press the down arrow 5x, than 1x the right arrow, press 2x the TAB button, press space, than press enter, wait 10 seconds, than press again enter, you will need to wait 10 seconds.
After that you will need to restart your laptop, Good Luck

Danielle_17

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
I have similar problem.. My Toshiba laptop has broken screen.. I was using secondary monitor an I had a virus so like a nob I went into safe mode. Now I got no screen to get out of Safe mode. Do I use same steps as u mentioned