Laptop stuck on welcome screen

Jun 8, 2018
My asus laptop is stuck on the picture you see before logging in with windows 10. I’ve restarted it by holding down the power button several times but when restarted it’s immediately back to the stupid picture. I can move around my mouse but clicking does nothing. I also don’t see the usual things on the screen, like the time or power button. It’s only the picture and the mouse.
Any tips/suggestions?

Solution
Ok, I have got some other ways to boot into safe mode.
1. Create a windows 10 install usb, here's a tool to do it: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows10
2. Boot from the usb. You can do this by spamming esc on your keyboard and booting up the laptop and selecting the usb drive.
3. Click next in the bottom right.
4. Click on repair your computer in the bottom left
5. Click on troubleshoot
6. Click on advanced options.
7. Click on command prompt.
8. Type bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press enter
9. Close the command prompt
10. Click continue and follow the steps above from step 3-7

If you don't have another pc/laptop, try this:
1. Boot into windows, once you see the windows or asus logo with a circle...

Zapthos

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I've also had this on my old laptop since I upgraded from vista to windows 8 in 2013. What worked for me was to update the bios. You can also go in safe mode and update the graphics driver, here's how:
1. Boot the laptop
2. Once you see the windows logo or asus logo with a rotating circle under it, hit f8 a few times. Now you should get some kind of menu, click on safe mode. If you don't see it try to click on troubleshooting.
3. Download the graphics driver. This is different for every card, so you wanna right click the windows logo in the bottom left and click on device manager. Click on video adapters and google the model it gives you, ex: gt1030 driver.
4. Download the driver for the card (DON'T INSTALL YET!!)
5. Download & install this: https://bit.ly/1s4GrBD
6. Remove the drivers for the graphics card
7. Install the driver you just downloaded

Jun 8, 2018

Thanks for replying! Sadly it won’t work however, when I reboot my laptop the screen just goes from dark to the picture and pressing f8 does nothing..

Zapthos

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Ok, I have got some other ways to boot into safe mode.
1. Create a windows 10 install usb, here's a tool to do it: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/software-download/windows10
2. Boot from the usb. You can do this by spamming esc on your keyboard and booting up the laptop and selecting the usb drive.
3. Click next in the bottom right.
4. Click on repair your computer in the bottom left
5. Click on troubleshoot
6. Click on advanced options.
7. Click on command prompt.
8. Type bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press enter
9. Close the command prompt
10. Click continue and follow the steps above from step 3-7

If you don't have another pc/laptop, try this:
1. Boot into windows, once you see the windows or asus logo with a circle under it, turn off the laptop. Do this untill it says preparing automatic repair.
2. Click advanced options
3. Follow the steps above from 6-10

Solution