Laptop suddenly shut down (not blue screen or update)

Kenny_CLY

Prominent
May 14, 2017
Hi,

First of all, English isn't my first language so sorry for the grammatical Mistakes that I might make.

Recently, my Fujitsu LH532 laptop sometimes shut down suddenly by itself. I am not talking about auto update or blue screen of death, my laptop just shut down like if u press the on/off button for a few second. I wasn't even touching the machine when it first happen.

At first I thought I was overheating because my laptop always run at 70 degree Celsius (158 fahrenheit) it goes up to 90 degrees Celsius (194 fahrenheit)when I play league of laguends. However when I check the cpu and gpu temp turn using msi afterburner (I didn't overclock it what so ever I just use that to check temp, ram useage etc) I found out that my cpu is only about 70 degree Celsius and strangely enough my gt 620m graphic card is gone. The software can't detect it. I also use Gpuz to check it but same story, it can only detect intel graphic 4000.

When I check again using gpuz today, it can detect 620m but it said she the memory and the clock speed are clock at 0MHz. I also check using device manager and there is a ! on my 620m. I try to update the driver but it saids the one I already install is the most update one. Minutes later 620m disappear from the device manager.

I don't know if these 2 thing are related. Is my graphic card broken? And why my laptop shut down suddenly? Anyone could help? Thanks.

P.S.
Here is the spec just in case:
Cpu: i7 3632qm @2.2GHz
Gpu: gt 620m
Ram: 8gb DDR3
Windows 10 64 bit

P.P.S
At first I thought it is some kind of protective machanism of the computer to auto shut down if it detect u suddenly plug in something to it. I thought it is some kind of connection problem of the gpu and the laptop detect it being 'plug in' so it shut down by itself but since I can see my gpu disappear from device manager that shouldn't be the case. I didn't even have any money to repair or replace FFS.

Solution
It sounds a lot like your high temps from before are down now due to the graphics card/GPU no longer functioning. Which would mean it probably died and needs replacing.

Kenny_CLY

Prominent
May 14, 2017

Thanks a lot. Any idea why my laptop shut down by itself?