I was playing a game. till i went downstairs to turn off the light.
When i got back to my room, The laptop was completely off.
and it was still plugged into my charger.
thing is my laptop has a dead battery. so i only rely on my charger.
The thing i noticed is that the laptop was very hot. so it may had overheated.
So i left it unplugged to rest.
But its been yesterday and it still wont work.
No indicators no power at all.
my charger is completely fine.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug in just the AC adapter then see if it would boot up.
- Test the AC adapter first using a multi meter and see if it's supply enough voltage to power the laptop or try another AC adapter.
- If these 2 steps will not work go ahead a reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If you'll see light indicators on your laptop (HDD, Wifi) try connecting an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- Worst case is if all these will not work the problem is really with the motherboard (overheated).