Laptop Suddenly Shuts Down and Will Not Reopen

C9 Applenation

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Ok, so I was using my laptop normally one day, doing my regular work, when suddenly there seems to be a "snap" sound and the entire laptop shut itself down and will not restart again.
Here are the symptoms of the problem:
Previously the charger and the battery have all been working normally. Right now, with the battery attached firmly and the adapter connected to the laptop (along with an electric plug), the laptop would not open itself. Neither the power light nor the charger light on the laptop are working (ie. they never light up no matter what I do, not even for one moment when I connect the battery/adapter).
It's definitely not an issue with the adapter (or its connection with the laptop) as the adapter's green light always works whenever it's connected to an electricity plug. When I connect it to the laptop, the green light is still there.
I have previously tried removing both the battery and the adapter and hold my power button on my laptop for a minute, which has not helped at all.
Note: Nothing in the laptop works. The fan won't start, the screen remains pitch black, the power/charger lights do not work, and the laptop does not make a single sound even with the battery and adapter connected.
I was wondering what exactly happened to my laptop and whether I could fix it by myself or not. A new laptop is going to be quite expensive for me so I want to make sure that there is absolutely no hope for my laptop before getting a new one.