Solved! laptop symbols

Feb 9, 2019
toshiba c-55 with windows 8
on the bottom right back corner there is a symbol under an empty port
its oval with 3 characters stamped in it they look like a camera an H and an backwards upside down 3E like the Greek letter
what is this port?
what are the symbols?
what do the symbols mean?

Solution
Based on the given information, I am honestly not quite sure. Do the symbols happen to resemble this?
UL-FCC-CE-Logos.jpg

If so, then it might just be information saying that your laptop is certified by the Federal Communications Commission.

About the camera icon, though... Are you sure it looks like a camera? This might seem like a dumb question, but icons can often be confused for something that they aren't.

If possible, could you find (or take) an image of the port in question?
photo_2018-04-06_07-43-07.jpg
If it looks like the one with the trident-like symbol next to it, it might be...

RandomGuy42

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Based on the given information, I am honestly not quite sure. Do the symbols happen to resemble this?
UL-FCC-CE-Logos.jpg

If so, then it might just be information saying that your laptop is certified by the Federal Communications Commission.

About the camera icon, though... Are you sure it looks like a camera? This might seem like a dumb question, but icons can often be confused for something that they aren't.

If possible, could you find (or take) an image of the port in question?
photo_2018-04-06_07-43-07.jpg
If it looks like the one with the trident-like symbol next to it, it might be USB type C- a reversible port designed to replace the rectangular ports commonly used to plug in flash drives or phone cables.

I hope this helps!

-RandomGuy42

Solution