Question Laptop to Audio amp sound can't be altered with amp volume, only Laptop volume

May 22, 2020
An old amp has been connected to my laptop for a few years then this week, no sound. So I got my trusty Creek 4040 out and hooked that up. Problem I have now is the sound can only be altered using the volume slider on-screen. Can I fix this? I would rather use the Creek's volume control as it's much easier.

May 22, 2020
From laptop's only audio out to the usual round DIN plug at the back of the amp. Seems the sound from the laptop is overriding the amp's volume control somehow. Tried wiring the other speaker option on the amp but doesn't solve it.

From laptop's only audio out to the usual round DIN plug at the back of the amp. Seems the sound from the laptop is overriding the amp's volume control somehow. Tried wiring the other speaker option on the amp but doesn't solve it.

You may want to test the amp with some other sources and maybe try another input, I don't know how that thing is wired but it should not bypass the volume control in the amp from the inputs from what can tell from the review of it.