Solved! Laptop Tradeoff - harddrive vs screen size

SueA

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I'm down to choosing betw 2 laptops, identical except 1 has better 15.6" display (vs 14") BUT smaller drive. Both drives are SATA 7200RPM, both systems have identical great processor & 4G mem. One SATA drive is 250GB the other 320GB. Since I'm buying this to get better performance but don't want to go backwards on screen size -- am I losing anything with the 250G SATA 7200RPM drive??? Price is virtually identical.

Solution
You need to check the screen resolutions as well not just the size. 250GB drive is adequate, unless you are going to store lots of movies. You can always use larger external drive anyway.

If you fill the FAQ - Read before buying / considering a laptop form, maybe better laptops can be recommended.

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
You need to check the screen resolutions as well not just the size. 250GB drive is adequate, unless you are going to store lots of movies. You can always use larger external drive anyway.

If you fill the FAQ - Read before buying / considering a laptop form, maybe better laptops can be recommended.

Solution

SueA

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

screen resolutions are virtually identical