laptop troubles dell inspiron 15

hopeful111

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
when i turn on my laptop the fan comes on, the lights come on but the screen stays black and it makes a beeping noise over and over again until i shut it off. does anyone know what could be wrong with it and if it is fixable? this is a dell inspiron 15 and it is fairly new. i dont understand why this is happening??

Unusual beeps at POST means a hardware issue but just saying it beeps "over and over again" is not very helpful in diagnosing the cause.

On Dell Inspiron laptops, the number of beeps tells you what is wrong (but bear in mind that some beep codes may have more than one possible meaning, as indicated in the beep codes table). Please refer to this beep code table:

http://blog.parts-people.com/2014/06/25/dell-inspiron-15r-n5110-beep-codes-diagnostic-indicators/

Whether or not the problem is fixable depends on what it is. Like if it's faulty RAM you just buy new RAM.
But if it's something more serious (eg faulty motherboard) you'd need to find out how much getting a new one fitted would cost, then weigh that up against the cost of a new laptop.

Like a car, most parts of a laptop are fixable, but it comes down to how much it will cost. So it's not so much "is it fixable?" as "is it worth it?"