Laptop using integrated graphics instead of dedicated gpu

superb_falcon

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
I was playing LoL, and I was lagging. I thought it was my internet, but my fps is around 20. I usually get over 100 fps easily, but I checked and it was using Intel's integrated graphics, even if the laptop detects the gpu. Laptop is around 3~4 years old

Solution
A lot of computers and laptops have a setting in the BIOS setup page that lets you tell the computer which graphics card to use. Odds are it's set to use integrated graphics and ignore any PCI Graphics card. A lot of people think they can install a PCI graphics card and when they boot the computer will automatically use the new PCI card, not so!

You have to enter the BIOS set-up when you boot and select the option that tells the commuter to use the PCI card or else it will default to integrated graphics.

Have you changed the BIOS settings so your laptop will boot from the PCI card yet? If not, do so and reboot. and your problem should be resolved.

darksky1x

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
A lot of computers and laptops have a setting in the BIOS setup page that lets you tell the computer which graphics card to use. Odds are it's set to use integrated graphics and ignore any PCI Graphics card. A lot of people think they can install a PCI graphics card and when they boot the computer will automatically use the new PCI card, not so!

You have to enter the BIOS set-up when you boot and select the option that tells the commuter to use the PCI card or else it will default to integrated graphics.

Have you changed the BIOS settings so your laptop will boot from the PCI card yet? If not, do so and reboot. and your problem should be resolved.

Solution