Have you tried using a different player instead of Media Player?
- First, download and install a VLC player and test it again.
- Here's the link: http/www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
- If the same problem will persist do uninstall/reinstall the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed and see if the same problem will persist or not.