Laptop vs notebook vs netbook

Solution

Hi there,

You should check out the Dell Studio 15. It has a fast processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. It's a great all around laptop, especially for college students because it is perfect for productivity and entertainment. It has a 15.6" screen and at 5.5 lbs it is still very portable. It is also very affordable at $649.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
"Laptop" and "notebook" are used interchangeably. "Laptop" is the older term.

A netbook is a small, low powered, low spec, inexpensive, very portable machine designed primarily for light web browsing, email, and light office apps.

I have one, primarily for vacation travel. They are very handy, but they are not a substitute for a "real" computer.

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hi there,

That is correct. "Laptop" and "notebook" are used interchangeably, while netbooks are generally much smaller and less powerful portable computers. Are you searching for a new computer? I can help suggest computers in either category.

Cheers,
Isabella

thuggster

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010

Thanks I am a college student and I need a notebook

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

You should check out the Dell Studio 15. It has a fast processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space. It's a great all around laptop, especially for college students because it is perfect for productivity and entertainment. It has a 15.6" screen and at 5.5 lbs it is still very portable. It is also very affordable at $649.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella

Solution