Laptop Warranty Void info

mkshuvo

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Hello, I was thinking about buying a new laptop. And at the same time just after purchase, if I upgrade the RAM and change HDD to SSD in the laptop then will it void the warranty of the laptop? I mean to upgrade I have to open the back-cover of the laptop. I think i will buy any laptop from Asus Zenbook UX series.

Thank you.

Solution
Most laptop brands do allow you to upgrade the laptop without the need to worry about voiding the warranty. However, if your laptop does develop problems while under warrant and you need to send it in for service, then you will need to send it in with the original components. If you installed a 8GB stick of RAM to increase the amount of RAM, then you will need to remove that stick of 8GB of RAM before sending it in for warranty service. If you replaced the HDD with a SSD, then you would need to remove the SSD and reinstall the HDD.

As stated by rgd1101 above, you need to provide the exact model number because "Asus Zenbook UX" is merely a series of laptop with different configurations.
Most laptop brands do allow you to upgrade the laptop without the need to worry about voiding the warranty. However, if your laptop does develop problems while under warrant and you need to send it in for service, then you will need to send it in with the original components. If you installed a 8GB stick of RAM to increase the amount of RAM, then you will need to remove that stick of 8GB of RAM before sending it in for warranty service. If you replaced the HDD with a SSD, then you would need to remove the SSD and reinstall the HDD.

As stated by rgd1101 above, you need to provide the exact model number because "Asus Zenbook UX" is merely a series of laptop with different configurations.

Solution