Laptop Weird Problems

realchaos

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Well my brother had has his laptop for about a year now and there's been many weird problems with it.
It's a Dell Inspiron N411Z with an i5-2450m, 6gb of RAM, 750gb HDD, Integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics.
Here's the problems:
-Laptop sometime freezes. After a short while, it un-freezes.
-When using the laptop at school (he attends and lives at a university), he has no problem with wifi connection. However, here at home he will randomly disconnect and lose internet very frequently. No one else but him has wifi problems (we have 2 other laptops running wifi without any problems).
-The laptop runs really hot. I did a Prime95 test on it with Coretemp and it went as high as 98c on one core and 97c on the other (I ran that with a laptop cooler underneath it too so by itself it will overheat).

I ran Prime95 and memtest with no errors, so it's not the processor or RAM right?
I'm not really knowledgeable in the laptop area, I'm more of a desktop person but I do know about components and such. I feel like opening up the laptop itself but I want to wait on that for awhile.

If any further information is needed, feel free to ask! Thanks for the time to read this and assist me!

techdude137

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
I have this laptop and it will run cool as long as nothing is covering the fans vent. You might want to check the drivers for the Intel WiFi chip and make sure they are updated. You can update them at Dells website. If that doesn't work you may need a new WiFi card but I doubt it since you say it works fine with other hot spots.

tiler20098

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
try updating your driver, also its probably overheating because of the fans 98c is too much for a laptop, try cleaning the fans and use thermal paste on your processer because your processer is causing it to crash.