Laptop Whistling Noise

Jacob_127

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
Occasionally im hearing this whistling noise come from my computer and i dont know how to fix it. this laptop is only used for school. (its mine not the schools)

Solution
It's almost certainly the fan that cools the processor and dust the unbalancing the blades. A PC store will sell you a can of compressed air, aim that through the vent and spray a little while the machine is running. Don't overdo it - less is more in this case.

Hopefully the dust will shift and the noise will cease but if it doesn't, it may be a fan bearing that's worn out and that would mean replacing the cooling system or at least, just the fan.
It's almost certainly the fan that cools the processor and dust the unbalancing the blades. A PC store will sell you a can of compressed air, aim that through the vent and spray a little while the machine is running. Don't overdo it - less is more in this case.

Hopefully the dust will shift and the noise will cease but if it doesn't, it may be a fan bearing that's worn out and that would mean replacing the cooling system or at least, just the fan.

Solution