Laptop WiFi disconnects suddenly & refuses to connect sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I have a laptop HP R007TX. From the beginning it have a problem in WiFi. It works flawlessly, but then suddenly it disconnects from my router. Then sometime it refused to connect again & sometime ever disappear my router from the list of WiFi network. But 1 or 2times of off-on the wifi hardware makes it run again.
So I called HP they just replaced the WiFi card. But still I'm having the problem. Is it a hardware issue or driver issue?? What do you think friends?? Plz let me know.

Solution
sorry for late reply , if the 2nd fix doesn't working you should replace it with the new one because your laptop still in a good model and you will not getting the dropping selling price , indeed you must add a bit of money for gaming laptop. oh ya one thing to do uninstall the wifi driver on your laptop and install it with the new version try this http://www8.hp.com/us/en/troubleshooting.html maybe it should helps you...and the last if you bring the laptop to the HP service center tell them to check the metal clip near the wifi adapter...good luck

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I have reinstalled the driver twice I think. But in past not now. & there is no yellow unknown WiFi adapter in device manager. Anything else you have faced like this???
Can it be a problem of design??? I mean changing the card also not solved.
HP person replaced the card in front of me from a new sealed pack card.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I have dual boot. Windows 8.1 & ubuntu LTS 14.04. Both of them have same problem.
Yes surely the laptop have a problem. But within software or hardware?? Cause I already replace the WiFi card by HP. So is it a design issue or driver issue??

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I didnt replace it. It was replaced by HP onsite engineer. Yes as per I remembered he double checked the cable. But one thing i want to share is I saw only single connector. So is the laptop have single antenna? Is this the reason for this auto disconnect? Today I was having too much problem. I switched off on at-least 10times still it was not connecting to my router. Then I bring my laptop in-front of the router & then connected. Todays I was also having too much auto disconnect.

I think it is happening because of position from the router. In front of the router there is no problem I think.

HeavenKidz

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
have you ever try to connecting at another router with your laptop??example : you bring your laptop to your friends home and enjoyed the wifi for surfing at internet or playing games,etc??

I'm not pretty sure if the problem was the router because as i know , if the router can still connected to internet it works fine! although once time you got disconnected via wifi but the router still connected to the laptop...

if you not sure about the router you can call the operator and talk about your problem maybe it should helps you buddy :)
cheers

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I also faced the issue in my college. There are several routers. On each router the issue is same. I called for a HP onsite. This is 2nd time. Let see what they do or I will sell the laptop..

HeavenKidz

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
sorry for late reply , if the 2nd fix doesn't working you should replace it with the new one because your laptop still in a good model and you will not getting the dropping selling price , indeed you must add a bit of money for gaming laptop. oh ya one thing to do uninstall the wifi driver on your laptop and install it with the new version try this http://www8.hp.com/us/en/troubleshooting.html maybe it should helps you...and the last if you bring the laptop to the HP service center tell them to check the metal clip near the wifi adapter...good luck

Solution

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

I have tried complete uninstall of WiFi driver. but it also failed to solve that. But thanks I will say the engineer who will come to about the metal clip. Thanks a lot sir. :D

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

Today HP people came and replaced the wifi card. Its working now but dont know how much time it will work. Cause its the 2nd time HP changed the card. Previous one was also working at the begining but after some days again started problem.

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

Yes I told him to change the antenna with the cable & clip, But he said it will not be needed. I said may be it is malfunctioning so the problem occurring. But he said main purpose of antenna is to receive signal & it can find nearby router that means working fine. Now who will make him understand that if antenna sometime malfunction then it may be the reason. Let see what happens. Till now I didn't face any problem. But I can be sure after 1week of use. I will inform you further news :D

HeavenKidz

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
glad to help you buds...they're give you a guarantee repair , right?if after 1 week use and your laptop being intervere you can contact them again buds...yap just inform me about your laptop,i'm available everyday for check my profile :D

jayadratha

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

yes HP's service is awesome. After booking a onsite they come within 3-4days. But I think the problem is within the WiFI cards model. Its of ralink. & I found that ralink is the worst from google. So I will check this time & if problem persist I will sell my laptop. Cause after warranty over it will be a nightmare. LOL :p

Arshpreet

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016

HEY I hv same problem as u r/were facing with ur laptop.. its nt both of us their r many more who facing the same.. (search google) nd i tried everything ie.. window install.. uninstall wifi driver.. nd is might be a manufacturing defect or the software problem nd HP MUST TAKE suitable steps to solve this issue

jawad_kazmi

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Open Your Wireless LAN Card properties > Click on Power Management tab..the option that is given to turn off the device to save power might be checked. So uncheck that. Worked for me, hope it works for you too.

Roeloffj

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Have you checked whether you set the power management of the wifi hardware as always on. Sometimes it has a power saver function?

Under device manager, go to your network adapter choose the wifi adapter. Right click and select properties. Go to the power management tab and ensure that the allow the computer to turn off the device is unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.