Laptop will not start.

Iced Anima

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Ok I have an HP Envy m6(Definitely feel like that was a mistake.) When I press the power button, the power button and like flashes once as it turns off. The only thing that remains on is the charging light which is lit up white indicating the battery is fully charged, instead of the charging's orange. on occasion I can hear the fan spin but as soon as the power light goes out, so does it. I'm at a loss as what to do, especially since I don't have the money to take it anywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Try starting it without the battery, only on wall power, and also try the reverse. If that does not work, remove the battery, unplug it from the wall, and hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Try starting it again.

If all that does not work, cheapest thing to try is a new power brick, then maybe the battery or have someone look at the power jack, you may need it fixed or you may need a new motherboard.
Try starting it without the battery, only on wall power, and also try the reverse. If that does not work, remove the battery, unplug it from the wall, and hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Try starting it again.

If all that does not work, cheapest thing to try is a new power brick, then maybe the battery or have someone look at the power jack, you may need it fixed or you may need a new motherboard.

Solution