Laptop with external connected GPU.

Adolf_1

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
Just saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_8EYQ-2RA. And I was wondering whether or not it would work? I was thinking on attaching some components on the laptop screen to boost the performance.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
Some folks have done this, the parts are available, that said it won't run through your laptop's screen, but you can run an external monitor. Your laptop needs that mini PCIe slot, often its taken up by the onboard wireless adaptor.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Thats just not possible, the GPU is generally integrated on a laptop, there is no way to interface with the integrated screen, the power supply can't power a large GPU like that. And you would have to build a physically huge laptop case to hold it all.

Adolf_1

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
For me quality doesn't really matter, I just want to browse web, see what I type and play StarCraft 2 online, even if on very low resolution. If I can do all of this and see what I type for me its a very huge upgrade.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

It would be huge, and as I said you would still need a screen, there is no way for the GPU to output to the laptop's screen.

Adolf_1

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
I understand. Hmm, maybe a second adapter to output to the screen. But my plan is to make some sort of case, that I can put on my laptop with a powerful GPU, and power source to connect them to an adapter and make my Laptop Gaming quality material.