Laptop won’t charge anymore

chiba_

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
My laptop turned randomly off. At first i thought my power cable was disconected so i checked. Its still plugged in. After turning the laptop back on, i noticed it wasnt charging anymore. I went over to my power brick and it wasnt hot. I’ve got a second laptop on hand, and checked if the adapter worked for that laptop, and it did.

So what do you guys think, Is the battery dead?

I’ve bought my laptop about 6 months ago

chiba_

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from chiba_ : "Laptop not charging"

Hello,

One night i was watching a video on youtube untill my laptop suddenly turned off. At first i thought my battery ran out of power. But noticed it was still plugged in. After turning my laptop back on i noticed my power was indeed low and not charging anymore. It kept turning it self off (maybe because of low power). So i thought maybe the adapter is broken, but after i plugged it in my other laptop it worked fine. So next thought was ‘oh the battery life time is done’ so i orded a new battery. It just arived but after i plugin the battery it still doesnt charge or turn on. So could it be the motherboard? That would be strange since it worked fine again when it first turned off. Just didnt want to recharge the battery