Laptop won't boot up properly.

Oct 7, 2018
So my Dell Latitude 6410 started going to the 'This PC couldn't start properly' Screen a while back, I tried to use the repair option and the system restore to no effect. Every time the PC started it would go to that screen.

So I decided to try to reinstall Windows 10 hoping that would solve the issue. During the preperation for the installation when the PC restarts it goes to a black screen with a flashing '_' , whatever I do I can't finish the installation or get the PC to boot.

Saga Lout

Glorious
This sounds like a hard disk issue. If you can't get back in to the StartUp Repair options and take the Command choice to run Checkdisk, remove the drive and slave it to another PC.

The syntax at the Command Prompt to find and fix errors is:-
chkdsk //r

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 3
mathiasjrg Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 4
RaymondSWalters Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
why my laptop keyboard not working properly and on such event on removing power chord laptop shutting down immediately?
Question Lapel Microphone Won't Properly Work With Laptop
Solved! Both my HP laptop and Logitech wireless keyboard have the same keys not functioning properly, unless presses with another key
Solved! Laptop fell down...I think it is working properly... Just that the screen is showing black and white... Can I fix this?
Laptop keys are not working properly
Solved! After Overclocking my laptop slowly degraded in performance until i cant run any games properly
Solved! My Asus laptop doesn’t start up properly
[SOLVED] Laptop Thermal Throttling not working properly
After every shutdown i have to take out the hdd to start my laptop properly bcoz if i dont do that is is going to try to repai
Laptop keyboard suddenly not working properly
The keyboard on my laptop (Lenovo idealpad 110) is not working properly. When I open it everything is fine but after a few min
I replaced charging port of my Compaq laptop no my keyboard is not working properly
i have installed an intel hd 4000 on my laptop but it is not working properly because of the code 31
Laptop battery not working properly
Laptop keyboard stopped working properly - keys typing number 6
Laptop key not working properly
Nvidia 960m on a used laptop not working properly
My laptop has been fixed and after that the wifi is not working properly it works for a while then just stop
I have dell inspiron 15 5577 gaming laptop ,and in the hardware system dedicated 4 GB nvidia geforce gtx 1050 graphics card bu
My ASUS laptops spacebar, ` b, backspace, z, left ctrl, left shift and enter is not working properly.

ASK THE COMMUNITY