Laptop wont charge.

FuriousGamer

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014
I have a Lenovo z50 75 and earlier this week i bought a new charger for it as the one i got with the laptop was starting to show the wires where it connects to the laptop and i had to unplug and plug it in about 5 times before it would charge.

I assumed it was the charger because the wires were showing but after receiving the replacement one today it still wont charge. When i plug the charger in the light flashes to indicate its charging but goes straight off. I disassembled the laptop and checked all the connections, none of the wires are broken or damaged and all the connectors are secure and all seem fine but still no charge.

Can anyone suggest anything to try or hopefully fix it, the laptop isn't even a year old surely it cant be broken already.

Solution
I would recommend you to try another battery. You can find someone with same laptop and ask them for battery to check or directly go to Lenovo service station for possible solutions to the problem. If its battery problem then new battery will cost you about $20-$40 but if motherboard has the problem then repairing cost will be high.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter and the battery if they are both working properly.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect it directly to it's AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- If it will not boot up with just the AC adapter connected that could mean that the problem is inside the laptop. (Charging port or the motherboard itself).
- But if the laptop will boot up with just the AC adapter connected, that could mean that the battery is faulty already.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will work fine or not.

FuriousGamer

Estimable
Aug 2, 2014

Thank you for your reply, I have tried your recommendation and. The laptop boots up with the battery and ac both connected but shuts off after about 7 seconds. It will not boot with the battery not connected. and changing the adapter has no different results.

Johnson Mike

Honorable
May 4, 2016
I would recommend you to try another battery. You can find someone with same laptop and ask them for battery to check or directly go to Lenovo service station for possible solutions to the problem. If its battery problem then new battery will cost you about $20-$40 but if motherboard has the problem then repairing cost will be high.

Solution