Solved! Laptop won't connect to external monitor anymore since latest display driver upate and I can't use the laptop display.

Solution
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Recheck video connection, and make sure you're actually logged into windows. Press start (windows key) + P together four times. If you did set a password then you just going to have to fluke it. Windows must be at desktop.

Not much else you can do really if it still doesn't work besides get the screen fixed.

To reset laptop, remove battery and hold power button for 30 seconds. I don't see how this can help though as the display will still be prioritised to the laptop screen all the same when laptop was turned on for the first time.

boju

Distinguished
Updating drivers reverted your laptop's monitor back to being the default display. Resetting your laptop to factory settings will do the same thing.

To get out of this, try windows key + P. This will toggle between display modes as shown in video. You may have to press the combo a couple of times to hit the right mode for you as you cant see which setting you're selecting.

Good luck.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdLHQp_ZtIw&t=3s"][/video]

boju

Distinguished
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Recheck video connection, and make sure you're actually logged into windows. Press start (windows key) + P together four times. If you did set a password then you just going to have to fluke it. Windows must be at desktop.

Not much else you can do really if it still doesn't work besides get the screen fixed.

To reset laptop, remove battery and hold power button for 30 seconds. I don't see how this can help though as the display will still be prioritised to the laptop screen all the same when laptop was turned on for the first time.

Solution