Laptop won't start

itsJez

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
Hey guys, yesterday I was cleaning up my Toshiba Satllite P50-A for smoother gaming, deleting junk files, apps, HD defrag. I saw some very good results so I got into it. Long story short ended up watching some YouTube videos on cleaning laptop fans and I ended up finding a video of a guy with the exact same laptop as mine. I decided to clean my fan for the very first time have had this Satllite for almost 3 years now. It had heated up quite a lot lately so I thought there might be a lot of dust inside. I was following the guys video on YouTube, took the fan out and ended up cleaning it with a vacuum. The guy also said to wipe the grey paste off the cpu? I wasn't too sure on that but did it anyway and it did make the cpu look very clean, but I think it was some sort of heat prevention paste? I'm not too sure anyway put it all back together and now it won't start. The led charger light turns on when I charge it so its receiving power? When I press the start button it doesn't light up like it usually does, but the led power light next to the led charge light turns on. Though it is not making any noise so the fan isn't going nor any Windows start up noises. Please help me, thanks.

Hi,

When you wiped out that grey paste (thermal paste) did you replaced it with a new thermal paste before you put everything together? That is called again the thermal paste that helps in cooling your laptop and too make sure the the heat sink is in proper contact with the CPU or GPU. If it's still not too late do open your laptop and buy a thermal paste and apply it on top of the CPU where you originally wiped it off.

itsJez

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
No I haven't replaced it as the guy in the video didn't, I am very new to this kind of stuff so I thought I was doing right. Do you think not having thermal paste could cause the whole laptop not to boot? Thanks for your reply