Aug 13, 2024
When my ASUS TP412FA laptop is plugged in, everything works perfectly—the laptop powers on with a single press of the power button, and the battery charges as expected.

However, when it's not plugged in, I encounter some issues:
  • Powering On: A single press of the power button does nothing. If I press and hold the power button, the laptop turns on (I see the ASUS logo and the Windows loading screen), but as soon as I release the button, it instantly shuts off.
  • Unplugging: When the laptop is already on and running Windows, the moment I unplug it from the charger, it powers off immediately—not even a proper shutdown or hibernate.

I suspected the issue was related to the battery since the old one had only about 50% capacity. So, I bought a new battery, which shows 100% capacity. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.

I'd really appreciate any help on how to resolve this problem. Thanks in advance!

Mar 11, 2024
When my ASUS TP412FA laptop is plugged in, everything works perfectly—the laptop powers on with a single press of the power button, and the battery charges as expected.

However, when it's not plugged in, I encounter some issues:
  • Powering On: A single press of the power button does nothing. If I press and hold the power button, the laptop turns on (I see the ASUS logo and the Windows loading screen), but as soon as I release the button, it instantly shuts off.
  • Unplugging: When the laptop is already on and running Windows, the moment I unplug it from the charger, it powers off immediately—not even a proper shutdown or hibernate.

I suspected the issue was related to the battery since the old one had only about 50% capacity. So, I bought a new battery, which shows 100% capacity. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue.

I'd really appreciate any help on how to resolve this problem. Thanks in advance!
Have you checked the battery levels set for critical battery action and low battery action. Although unlikely, if the settings are set to 100% and you unplug the PC, the PC may shut down.