Laptop won't switch on anymore, is my motherboard finished?

avonthreesix0

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
I took my 3 and a half year old laptop downstairs to play a game, 20 minutes into it, it just switched off on me. Frustrated, I switched it back on right away and it did, but I couldn't get in the game because it ended. I casually browsed for 10 mins and it switched off on me again. This time it wouldn't switch on anymore. None of the LED lights aren't showing, be it power, charging etc. It's completely unresponsive.

I've had heating issues with this laptop in the past, but for the past 6 months it has been perfectly fine so the laptop hasn't been heating up a lot or the fan going crazy because I don't run intense games or programs (plus its winter). I had battery issues (wasn't charging then stopped detecting all together) for a year, so I chalked it down to that. Got a new battery this morning, and it still won't switch on (which obviously wasn't the issue in hindsight). I've held it down for 30/60 seconds with/without and the battery and with/without the charger. I know my charger works cause it lights up when its plugged in.

Terrible timing cause I'm broke right now, I'm thinking the motherboard is finished and I shouldn't bother with taking it to a repair if that's the case because I'll just get a bill for diagnostics for an issue I can't solve or afford to get fixed.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance and please let me know if you need more info

Dell Inspiron 5737
intel i7 / Radeon 8870m / 16GB RAM / Windows 10

Solution
You can try this first to see the laptop is gone or not.
Here is your laptop, http://www.notebooktest.pl/typo3temp/pics/30b0d64e38.jpg if you can remove those covers, 1) then remove the battery, press the power button to draw all the power. 2) remove the RAM, 3) remove the HDD. 4) closed those covers. After that connect the battery and the power core to boot the laptop. If the laptop will not boot at all, you will need the new one or call the pc shop to repair. If the laptop can boot without the RAM and HDD, then shut down the computer, add back the HDD and the RAM one by one, keep in mind you have to shut down the laptop, also remove the battery when you install or remove the HDD or RAM.

Also if your laptop works fine, but you still...

cin19

Distinguished
You can try this first to see the laptop is gone or not.
Here is your laptop, http://www.notebooktest.pl/typo3temp/pics/30b0d64e38.jpg if you can remove those covers, 1) then remove the battery, press the power button to draw all the power. 2) remove the RAM, 3) remove the HDD. 4) closed those covers. After that connect the battery and the power core to boot the laptop. If the laptop will not boot at all, you will need the new one or call the pc shop to repair. If the laptop can boot without the RAM and HDD, then shut down the computer, add back the HDD and the RAM one by one, keep in mind you have to shut down the laptop, also remove the battery when you install or remove the HDD or RAM.

Also if your laptop works fine, but you still have overheat problem, and try clean up the laptop like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIsVycuauZc also may buy the laptop cooling pad too.

Solution