Laptop won't turn on after motherboard replacement

adtnsd

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
Hi all,

Background info:
I have a Dell Studio 1737 Laptop. 2 years ago, I spilled water on it. I immediately turned it off and remembered to unplug it from the wall but didn't think to take the battery out of it until about 4 hours later. I let it dry for 4 days unplugged and the battery was disconnected. When I tried powering it on after the 4th day the laptop didn't turn on. There was no power at all to the laptop. I left it alone for about a month, then I tried powering it on again and still no luck. After that I gave up and put it on a shelf in my garage. The Dell AC plug worked (AC plug has a blue light that comes on when plugged into the wall) and the battery showed a full charge.

MOBO Replacement:
Recently I purchased a Dell Studio 1737 M824G motherboard from ebay. I replaced the old motherboard on the Studio 1737 laptop that I spilled water on with the new one I purchase from ebay. After replacing the mobo the laptop power on a I ran startup repair from the windows error recovery screen. When startup repair finished there were no problem/issues found so I clicked on shutdown. After it shutdown I tried to power it back on and now the laptop does not power on. When I plug in the AC plug into the laptop, the power light comes on for about 1 second then goes off. Nothing happens when I try and power it on using the battery.

Troubleshooting:
Hard Reset – Disconnecting battery and AC, then holding power button for at least 1 minute.
Hard reset, reseat RAM sticks
Hard reset, RAM stick A in slot 1, Hard reset RAM stick A in slot 2
Hard reset, RAM stick B in slot 1, Hard reset RAM stick B in slot 2
Hard reset, No RAM
Checked to make sure CPU was in correctly and locked

What could be the problem? How do I fix it?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
b0rnt0rul3 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 9
G Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 12