DAuguste4

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I have a HP Elitebook Folio 9480m for work (first day at a new job was yesterday) that will not allow me to use the dual monitors. I have plugged in a monitor into the VGA on my laptop, however the display will not show up on the computer.
Whenever I go to Control Panel > All Control Panel > Display > Screen Resolution It only shows one monitor. No matter what I do. It will not detect another monitor for the life of me.

Currently, I have the unit plugged into the docking station and it will not read the second monitor. I have unplugged the unit from the docking station and plugged my VGA cord directly into the laptop, however still no response.
When I plug the laptop to my docking station and keep the lid closed and turn on my laptop from my docking station (the docking station has its own power button that can turn on my laptop) , my external display turns on but my laptop monitor will not work. Thus, still only presenting on one screen.
I have changed the VGA cord and plugged my laptop into other displays that work in my office, however my monitor won’t read the additional monitor.

I have the display button on my laptop (Fn +F4) and still nothing works.

PC Specs:
Product Name: HP Elitebook Folio 9480m
Total Memory: 4.00 GB
Processor Name: Intel (R) Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz
System Bios: 01.33 – 10/27/15

Windows 7 Professional

Please help

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- While the external monitor is connected, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select between Extended or Duplicate display then press Enter.
- If it doesn't work do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Do also check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if you'll be able to extended the display onto the external display.