Laptops CPU and GPU run at 60 - 70 degrees

sherlockfan99

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
Hi. I've been playing Battlefield 4 (at High/Ultra) and CPUID has been reading that my laptop has been running at about 60 to 70 degrees (sometimes reaches 75 degrees). Is this WAY too hot for a laptop, it was fairly expensive so I do not want to overheat or anything like that. Thanks :)

Solution
That's fine for a laptop. Anything below 90 is to be expected from a laptop and even then they can survive above that. My Laptop GPU used to regularly get to 105C and the CPU would get so hot the thing would cut off. It still works just fine (though I have given it a good clean and replaced the thermal paste now)

Optimus_Toaster

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
That's fine for a laptop. Anything below 90 is to be expected from a laptop and even then they can survive above that. My Laptop GPU used to regularly get to 105C and the CPU would get so hot the thing would cut off. It still works just fine (though I have given it a good clean and replaced the thermal paste now)

Solution

sherlockfan99

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014

Thanks. I try my best to keep it cool with laptop coolers and putting it in the right place.
Btw, the temperatures I put out where whilst it was charging. If it was running on battery the CPU and GPU would usually run at about 60 degrees and when the laptop is idling they would run at about 30 to 40 degrees, sometimes under 30. But again, thanks.

sherlockfan99

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014

Cool, well thanks anyways.