Laptops display stays blank

Jul 15, 2018
Hi,
My dads laptop(Lenovo thinkpad e555) crashed while opening a video. Now it just stays blank. No beeping sounds or anything. I did everything I found that could be helpfull - the 30,1,2; external monitor; ram checking(switched in checked the ram module in a different laptop, switched it between different ports). Tried powering on and closing the laptop and opening it. Tried the boot reset with windows key and b plus power. So if I'm not mistaken my motherboard is fried? I can try to connect the dedicated graphics to the display rather than integrated graphics? Or I have to take out a coil that gives electricity to the dedicated card(I found a video on youtube but I am a bit sceptical about this one.) So any thoughts guys/gals?

Thanks!

Solution

UPDATE: The laptop was brought to repair shop where it got the bios reprogrammed and now it's working fine.
Jul 15, 2018

Is it worth to try to disconnect the connection to dedicated graphics on the motherboard and try to boot the laptop then?

Jul 15, 2018

UPDATE: The laptop was brought to repair shop where it got the bios reprogrammed and now it's working fine.

Solution