Latest Apple Updates Still Leave Out Snow Leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Update came out today, downloaded and installed it...today. Slam Apple all you want but I'm glad they dictate to the providers instead of the other way around. Waited months for an update to be pushed when I had a BB and Android device on Verizon.

Poul Wrist

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Update came out today, downloaded and installed it...today. Slam Apple all you want but I'm glad they dictate to the providers instead of the other way around. Waited months for an update to be pushed when I had a BB and Android device on Verizon.
US phone providers are a completely incomprehensible monopoly to europeans. Amazing how you put up with it.

People would be furious if Microsoft ended support for it's products as quickly as Apple does. Even though MS is much cheaper. Windows 7 would be nearing end of life this year.

They support their far less profitable Mac line longer than other products. Apple didn't even wait much more than a year from discontinuing the iPhone 3GS and dropping support in iOS 7. They are doing the same with the iPhone 4 and iOS 8.

Of course given how well Apple is doing and how dropping support seems to drive sales faster. Perhaps MS should wisen up and drop support faster. Stop selling the previous OS versions immediately and drop support two or three years after discontinuing a product.

How many other companies keep supporting something so long after it has been discontinued? There's no profit in it it's a drain on resources.

asianteekay

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
MS has started up their product cycles with Windows 8 and there's now mentions of Windows 9 soon.

Because of fast new versions of OS X get released Snow Leopard is now quite old now along with the hardware that runs on it. Also from what I gather these updates are mainly for Safari that are for Lion and above so its more of a case OS 10.6 may not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.