Latop wont turn on, no display, indicator light up

Santthoe197

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I had an issue on my laptop that a laptop wont turn on, no display on the screen not even a black lights. Its been a week that the problem still stick on to my laptop. It do happened once, but it started to running well after a few try of turn it shutdown by helding a power button for a second to do forced shutdown when the laptop goes problem...

I even tried to make it to 'sleep mode' instead of shutting it down so it dint much bother me when i wanted to use the laptop.

So, everyday i used this method until an update recuess that came across to order me to restart the laptop so the installation may run completely... After it restarted, it run really well as usually. So i thought that the problem maybe resolved... so i went to shut it down.

But the laptop wont even start another day after the update. Tried the same method, spended about a day but shows nothing. To me, it shows nothing to do with the screen, battery adapter, hdd or any other hardware.

Here what its look like when i try to turn the laptop back on:
Press the power button, show nothing on the display screen but the indicator light up on Power, but only like a second on the led lights at the sight that looks like trash can, it lighted up after a flash on led lights on the sight of airplane mode...

Specification:
Asus notebook A555LD
Windows 8.1 (upgraded to windows 10)
Intel hd (not really sure about this graphic card)
Nvidia 820m 2gb
4 gb ram (added 2 gb) = 6gb equal

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Im having problems understanding, which, but im curious about the 2gb of ram that was added, and if you installed it yourself. If yes, try removing the particular stick of ram and trying powering on.

Some might suspect backlight is dead causing no display on the screen, usually the easiest to determine the backlight is indeed dead is to shine a torch on the screen to see if windows desktop can be seen to be running normally, along with windows chimes or sounds when clicking around the desktop and also power button and hdd lights, wifi lights etc are running normally then we can satisfy ourselves that backlight of the screen needs replacing.

For now remove the 2gb ram and leave the ram the laptop came with and power on and see if it works, if it doesn't then try removing the 4gb ram and test. If it powers on the next step is determine if ram stick and ram slots are working by switching around the ram for example to test ram slots.....

1. Remove say the 2gb ram, and power on....if it works that means the ram slot that holds the 4gb ram and the ram itself is working.

2. Now move the 4gb ram to the next slot and remember not to install the 2gig ram for now, and power on, this way we can determine that 4gig ram is working and both slots.

3. Now remove the 4gig ram and run the whole test again with 2gig ram, the laptop may not power one at all thus now we know the 2gig ram is failing. If however the 2gig ram works fine then its possible there is incompatibility between the ram sticks.

Santthoe197

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Thanks for the solution, but what if my 4 gb ram are built-in? I've tried your suggested solution by removing the 2gb ram, which is i added, and then turn it on... but still remains the same...