Launch Trailer for the Goldeneye 007 Wii Remake

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Dirtman73[/nom]Man, this game is fugly. They should have designed it for another system.[/citation]
It's on the Wii for nostalgic reasons.
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]Could this be the Halo for Wii?[/citation]
Super Mario Galaxy is the Halo for Wii.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Liked the original. Hope they didnt destroy one of the best FPS's of all time. Wish the original came out for PC. I would still play it and have daily MP battles. Temple w/grenade launchers anybody?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Who cares about graphics. This game looks awesome. Goldeneye is still one of my favorite games of all time and it looks like Nintendo has done it justice. Very happy. Will be buying this game.

Skiddywinks

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
If I had a Wii, I would be getting it day one.

But not owning a Wii, I have to say I'm not too arsed. It won't be better than the original, and it's going to be less accurate than an analog stick (like the N64 had).

And I spent years on Goldeneye when it came out.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I wanted this game quite a bit.. and then I read they didn't bother putting in bots in offline multiplayer.. pass.

Well, might pick it up.. eventually.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Graphics arent everything. Theres this thinkg...whats it called...oh yeah, gameplay!. As long as its fun, who cares if it isnt as shiny as a PS3/360 game!

guzami77

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
speaking of gameplay... anyone else notice the players in the demo couldnt aim? the wii remote is awful for fps. shame this is a wii only game

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Graphics aren't everything, but they sure do matter. I would much rather play a Goldeneye game on a decent system for FPS, but that's not gonna happen now is it? Unless you play a Goldeneye mod on PC. Why can't I have my cake and eat it too? I want shiny things that are fun to play.

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]guzami77[/nom]speaking of gameplay... anyone else notice the players in the demo couldnt aim? the wii remote is awful for fps. shame this is a wii only game[/citation]
Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to mention this game can be played with the Nintendo dual stick classic game pad, as well as the freshly released classic gamecube style gamepad. So you aren't required to aim like a drunk.

yrmoma

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
"Let's make an updated version of Goldeneye"
"Sure, what will we update?"
"Well, obviously what made the game popular was it's graphics, so let's not change those. But let's update the cast, that's really important. How about we get rid of Pierce Brosnan and substitute Daniel Craig?"
"Brilliant! We'll get cracking on that right away"

And viola, we have this half-baked piece of sh*t.

t0mmy1977

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
It has fun and addictive gameplay. I have only played the 1st and 2nd level, so I am not gonna say it's as good as the original, yet. But I am very happy with it so far.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Looks like an OK upgrade to graphics i guess, considering that this is on the Wii. I find it kind of insulting to replace Brosnan with Craig. I like Craig as the newer Bond (I liked Brosnan morel), but Brosnan played Bond in Goldeneye. Things like that are what is making the gaming industry begin to decline again. I might be just as happy buying an N64 and the original Goldeneye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS