LauncherPro for Android Cures HTC Sense Envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geibys

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
If you have an android phone this is one of the best apps to get. I have it and it makes the Stock launcher look like crap.

Google needs to look at this man because he made what they should have made.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I do recomend this app. I've even got the donation version. Had to. The best app I've ever used on my Milestone.

About the calendar, we have that already. It's too big tho (3x3 is the smallest one - I would love a 2x2). But, FYI, LaucherPro widgets are only for the paid/donation version. ;)

If you own an Android Phone, download the free version and give it a try. You won't be sorry. (PS: download HomeSwitcher also, this saves the trouble of getting back to the original home screen - it's free!).

G

You should also check out the website, launcherpro.droidicon.com and the corresponding app, LauncherPro Icons. It has lots of icons for common apps that match the theme of the stock LauncherPro dock.

It is a must-have resource for LP users.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Sense interface open source software like the Samsung TouchWiz UI is? If this is true, then why doesn't someone just offer the complete HTC Sense UI as an add on for phones with the stock Android operating system?

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
As far as I know HTC Sense is proprietary software as it's an evolution of TouchFlo used on the Touch Windows Mobile phones - building for open-source platforms doesn't automatically make your work open-source too.

I love HTC Sense and it's cool other Android users are getting some of the love from this clone.

darkbunny

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
What kinds of phones do you guys have? I'm worried it'll slow down my phone if I download this. I have a Samsung Moment, so not the lowest end Android phone, but it's quickly becoming outdated.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]darkbunny[/nom]What kinds of phones do you guys have? I'm worried it'll slow down my phone if I download this. I have a Samsung Moment, so not the lowest end Android phone, but it's quickly becoming outdated.[/citation]
You don't need a 1GHz processor to run graphics intensive software on a phone. The HTC Aria's 600MHz processor runs Android 2.1 with Sense faster than the iPhone 4's 1GHz processor runs iOS 4. Heck, both my Nexus One with stock Froyo and the Samsung Captivate are noticeably slower than the HTC Aria.

adipose

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
This screwed up on my Droid with 2.2. Half the icons are missing (appear to have rolled off the bottom), and I only have 3 screens now. Looks to have potential, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.