LBT-D105

Olbil

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Hi-I have an LBT-D105 complete with Record Deck & 5 tray CD player. It is all still working fine except that the Tuner will not "hold" the preset stations any more. Every time I switch off for more than a few minutes I need to re-tune. I assume there is a rechargeable battery somewhere that needs replacing.

The user manual gives no details.

What type of battery is required?
How is it changed?

G

Does the tuner have its own power cable to the wall outlet, or is it interconnected to the amplifer unit ?

If the latter and there is a battery backup you'll need to look inside the amplifier as well as the tuner for a small lithium battery -- probably soldered in. If you have basic soldering skills you should be able to replace it with something similar.

Olbil

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Does the tuner have its own power cable to the wall outlet, or is it interconnected to the amplifer unit ?

If the latter and there is a battery backup you'll need to look inside the amplifier as well as the tuner for a small lithium battery -- probably soldered in. If you have basic soldering skills you should be able to replace it with something similar.

The CD player & Record deck have separate mains but the tuner & amp are all in one. Thanks for the tip but is the battery likely to be like a small deaf aid battery or larger?

G

Hard to say. May resemble a coin battery used in a desktop computer but soldered in place. Hopefully marked with voltage.