LEAKED: Images of Upcoming BlackBerry Slider

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It looks fine I guess, by why go with a vertical slider? The "sideways" slide-out provides so much more room for the keyboard, this looks downright cramped for trying to type on those keys

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I want this. I always wanted the large touchscreen the Storm offered but wasn't able to part with the physical keyboard. I'm glad they finally decided to combine the best of both worlds.

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]It looks fine I guess, by why go with a vertical slider? The "sideways" slide-out provides so much more room for the keyboard, this looks downright cramped for trying to type on those keys[/citation]

Blackberry users are used to using the cramped qwerty keyboard. Giving them 2 options they are unfamiliar with, touchscreen and wide keyboard layout, would probably fail. This basically feels like their good ole Bold, with touchscreen to help ween them off keyboards.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Great so know instead of blackberry being a tough phone it will be a crappy slider that breaks all the time. I have used a bb for years. 7130e,8703e, 2 8130's,2 8330's, and 2 of the 1st storm. The first storm now that it has 5.0 has been a very decent blackberry. The reason I have 2 is one for me one for my girlfriend. all have been very durable phones, upgraded because of a new model coming out, not because they quit working. Not looking forward to the slider breaking. Hope and bet rim scraps this.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
[citation][nom]outacontrolpimp[/nom]I like the blackberry tour size keyboard. The only thing this is missing is the scroll wheel.[/citation]

It has a trackpad which is the replacement to the trackball.

And I can say that this is not an old prototype as the device clearly has some little things that are present on all new released BlackBerry devices.

Would I like one? Hell yes! It would be the perfect replacement to my current BlackBerry 8330 Curve. A touchscreen, a physical keyboard and a trackpad...the best of all worlds. Added bonus if this comes with Qualcomm's SnapDragon SoC.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]It looks fine I guess, by why go with a vertical slider? The "sideways" slide-out provides so much more room for the keyboard, this looks downright cramped for trying to type on those keys[/citation]
The way the keys are structured makes it surprising easy to type on, even for folks with gargantuan hands like myself. Each half of the keyboard is structured so they work better when struck from either the left or right side. The only issue is when you try to do things like hit the H key with your left thumb instead of your right. I have far fewer problems (i.e. mis-strikes) with the BB keyboard than I do with the iPhone touch keyboard despite the size. I really was quite surprised how well it works to be honest, when I first moved to the BB I was doubtful based on how tiny the keys are.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Dear rim, here's what would make this phone rule:

snapdragon, fwvga, 384-512mb ram, capacitive touch. NO keyboard, the storm2 has a great solution already. Moving parts suck imho. I only want bar phones. Flips and sliders can go die.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
this cdn.eyewonder.com makes this page wait for about 3 minutes before loading, this server has caused you site to be the slowest site i goto on this computer VERY VERY annoying, atleast competing sites dont have this crap

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I see blackberries with people everyday and to be honest, am sick of it.
I like slider phones and it's the first time am interested in a blackberry.
I think I'm interested in a full preview and a review.

totheshed

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Otherwise known as the Palm Pre.[/citation]

Somewhat true, but only the model is similar to the Palm Pre. The Palm Pre and Palm Pixi have a different processor that opens up applications very slowly, but is designed to run at the same speed if 40 applications are running. The BlackBerry processor is designed to run a few applications that open and close very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.