Leaked Sega Doc Revisited: Obsidian Verifies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Um ok? I don't see what the big deal about this is. Who cares what some evaluator said? And it doesn't exactly confirm anything. I guess the big deal is a PS2 emulator? That's a bit too little too late.

manong

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
[citation][nom]b1kshad0w[/nom]No backwards compatibility is the reason I haven't bought a PS3.[/citation]

i assume you already bought a xbox 360? and i assume money is also an issue because you never bought the 60gb ps3 w/ bc... please!

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
If you want to play ps2 games buy a ps2. Seriously, just get a 2nd hand one for less than the price of a new release game.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]If you want to play ps2 games buy a ps2. Seriously, just get a 2nd hand one for less than the price of a new release game.[/citation]
Not viable due to another set of controllers, A/V wiring to TV,and another damn Input on the remote of the TV and Audio Receive to mess with. Currently have PS2 and Wii, Dishnetwork, DVD Recorder, and OTA Antenna hooked up. Using all power outlets in the area. Want to trade the PS2 kit/DVD player-recorder for PS3 with PS2 emu.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]manong[/nom]i assume you already bought a xbox 360? and i assume money is also an issue because you never bought the 60gb ps3 w/ bc... please![/citation]
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]If you want to play ps2 games buy a ps2. Seriously, just get a 2nd hand one for less than the price of a new release game.[/citation]

I'm in the same boat as b1kshad0w, I ain't spending anymore on a PS2 just to play God of War 1, God of War 2, and finishing my GT4 save. Even a second hand PS2 isn't really worth the cash and effort to find one because I'd need to sell it again later to recoup the cost.

hpapanto

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]b1kshad0w[/nom]No backwards compatibility is the reason I haven't bought a PS3.[/citation]
your a douche bag

hpapanto

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]amnotanoobie[/nom]I'm in the same boat as b1kshad0w, I ain't spending anymore on a PS2 just to play God of War 1, God of War 2, and finishing my GT4 save. Even a second hand PS2 isn't really worth the cash and effort to find one because I'd need to sell it again later to recoup the cost.[/citation]
why did you trade/sell your PS2 if you want to play these games? your sorry excuse is a joke

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
So... Is SONY going to actually make gamers REBUY their PS2 games for replay on their PS3? This is ridiculous-- First they stripped the hardware supported backward compatibility out of the unit and the fankids exclaimed: "oh! it's not even a necessary feature!" Now they're potentially going to be CHARGING for a--likely inferior--software based emulation solution and make consumers PAY AGAIN for games they might already own?? And here come the fankids, screaming: "What a great idea! SONY are geniuses!!"

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
@ reichscythe

As a PS3 owner I can say that neither me or any of my friends give a rip about backwards compatibility. Eveyone says that they are gonna play all of their old games but they never do. Why play Socom or Killzone, when the new PS3 versions play the same or better and make the old ones look like poo

They also potentially WON'T be CHARGING, so I don't see what your all worked up about

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
[citation][nom]reichscythe[/nom]So... Is SONY going to actually make gamers REBUY their PS2 games for replay on their PS3? This is ridiculous-- First they stripped the hardware supported backward compatibility out of the unit and the fankids exclaimed: "oh! it's not even a necessary feature!" Now they're potentially going to be CHARGING for a--likely inferior--software based emulation solution and make consumers PAY AGAIN for games they might already own?? And here come the fankids, screaming: "What a great idea! SONY are geniuses!!"[/citation]
Maybe I missed something, but it seems to me that you would just use the original PS2 disc OR download from interweb :)

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I just want Microsoft to put Sony out of their misery and buy them out completely.

If not Microsoft PLEASE GOD let Nintendo buy them out. It would vindicate all of the mistakes Nintendo made when they didn't take ownership of the PS1 when it was theirs to begin with....

(For all the people who didn't know, Sony wouldn't be in this market if Nintendo didn't scrap its plans for a CD based video game console. Sony in turn had a complete working unit and re-branded it as the PS1)

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Oh man, this reminds me of how everyone kept complaining because their Super Famicom wouldn't play their original Famicom games. It's why I didn't buy a Sega Genesis, it wouldn't play my Master Drive games.
/sarcasm
Seriously fellas, I mean seriously?

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
cscott_it - The Sega Genesis actually did have backward compatibility with the older Master System console. You needed an adapter which sat on top of the Genesis Console.

To date, the Genesis was one of the most versatile consoles ever made.
Think of it, it used adapters to change its performance, compatibles, and media types.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]amnotanoobie[/nom]I'm in the same boat as b1kshad0w, I ain't spending anymore on a PS2 just to play God of War 1, God of War 2, and finishing my GT4 save. Even a second hand PS2 isn't really worth the cash and effort to find one because I'd need to sell it again later to recoup the cost.[/citation]

waaaaaaaaaaaaah!! i am too lazy to setup another console with it's own set of controllers and peripherals. why would you need to sell it if your complaining that the PS3 has no BC? because your going to be one of the ones complaining about it and then get bored of it after a month after they give it to you finally.

it is losers like you why BC is still a big issue with the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.