Leaked: Specs for Google's Upcoming Nexus Prime

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Only 5-megapixel camera!! $299.99? what a croc ripoff. This is so 10 years ago. iPhone had 5MP 2 years ago. Only 32GB of ROM and then I have to buy my own?? And they copied Apple for the GPU. Only droid-bots would buy this steaming pile of sh*t. Do I should like droid-hater yet??? :)
Only 32GB of ROM and then I CAN BUY MORE IF I NEED. Be aware chick, that the iPhone 4s is @ the same price for the same memory amount, but guess what..... you can't expand it!!!!!!

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
If those are truly the specs then the Galaxy S 2 is a better phone. Not only does it have a better camera it has a way better GPU. The SGX 540 was the GPU in the Galaxy S.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]anthonyla65[/nom]Needs a better CPU, GPU and Camera at back. Not good enough compared to current top end smartphones. GPU is last generation, Galaxy S II HD has 1.5Ghz and 8MP Camera.Quad Core + SGX543MP4, 1.5GB of RAM and 10MP camera would be ideal. XD[/citation]
The Galaxy S II HD has a 1.5GHz dual core CPU not a quad core. It also doesn't come with a SGX543MP4.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
i dont think ill get this, just bought a smartphone, got a bargain, zte blade £109 custom firmware, runs at 800mhz,32gb sd card and android 2.3

might stick andriod 3.0 on it

may only be a single core but it's less than half the price of most smartphones, ill wait till next year and get whatever replaces the galaxy s2 next year (i mean most powerfull and good battery life)

yaoers98

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
that just turned me off
i wanted the 2050 battery and 1.5 cpu ahh its just a rumor might as well wait for the phone to come out

G

Cant see me replacing my sensation once the contract is up, Its so damn fine!

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]Only 5-megapixel camera!! $299.99? what a croc ripoff. This is so 10 years ago. iPhone had 5MP 2 years ago. Only 32GB of ROM and then I have to buy my own?? And they copied Apple for the GPU. Only droid-bots would buy this steaming pile of sh*t. Do I should like droid-hater yet??? :)[/citation]
Oh my God it's $299.99, what a rip off, I can't believe it's appropriately priced for what it offers. How can Samsung and Google dare to offer us such mainstream phone at mainstream price. I'm disgusted.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]iPhone 4S is still the daddy then.[/citation]
Motorola Droid RAZR is better than iPhone 4S, almost the same specs and has LTE support, and is gazilion times more sturdier with stainless steel core and kevlar back and scratch resistant screen. Off con tract costs $80 less and is not even the best Android based phone.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]MoulaZX[/nom]I am so sick of people b*tching about Megapixel count. It means nothing. The quality resides in the sensor itself and the lens used to take the picture. I can take a picture at 2MP with my Canon EOS 600D and one with my Desire HD at 8MP and the one from the DSLR would still be MILES ahead in terms of quality at any zoom level. And on top of this, by the time resize a photo taken in 8MP down to a viewable size to be posted online somewhere, it'd still look the same if you just took it at 5 or less and just posted it online without resizing.The disappointing points about this phone is that its just a 1.2Ghz Dual Core, not the original 1.5Ghz I was hoping for, and the 1750mAh Battery instead of the 2050 one we heard, and lastly the downsized GPU =(So pretty much a slightly beefed up Galaxy S2 with a larger capacity Battery and higher DPI screen.[/citation]
While you are correct, you are forgetting one important factor. Cameras in phones do not have a physical zoom. If someone was to zoom in with a 2mp camera and an 8mp camera, the 2mp photo will end up being 1mp or less, while the 8mp might still be 4mp. That makes a big difference. It also allows for cropping of the picture afterwords with higher detail and less pixelation. Hopefully in the near future camera phones will use a non-moving fluid lens.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The Galaxy S II HD has a 1.5GHz dual core CPU not a quad core. It also doesn't come with a SGX543MP4.[/citation]

And it's also not as fast as the iPhone 4S

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]hetneo[/nom]Motorola Droid RAZR is better than iPhone 4S, almost the same specs and has LTE support, and is gazilion times more sturdier with stainless steel core and kevlar back and scratch resistant screen. Off con tract costs $80 less and is not even the best Android based phone.[/citation]

It isn't even out yet. And it has the slower PowerVR SGX 540.

Status
Not open for further replies.