Leaked: Specs for Google's Upcoming Nexus Prime

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]MoulaZX[/nom]I am so sick of people b*tching about Megapixel count. It means nothing. The quality resides in the sensor itself and the lens used to take the picture. I can take a picture at 2MP with my Canon EOS 600D and one with my Desire HD at 8MP and the one from the DSLR would still be MILES ahead in terms of quality at any zoom level. And on top of this, by the time resize a photo taken in 8MP down to a viewable size to be posted online somewhere, it'd still look the same if you just took it at 5 or less and just posted it online without resizing.The disappointing points about this phone is that its just a 1.2Ghz Dual Core, not the original 1.5Ghz I was hoping for, and the 1750mAh Battery instead of the 2050 one we heard, and lastly the downsized GPU =(So pretty much a slightly beefed up Galaxy S2 with a larger capacity Battery and higher DPI screen.[/citation]

I am absolutely LOVING how fast the Android fans back-track after all their 'it's only 8 megapixel' criticisms of the iPhone 4S. Now, of course, with the flagship Android phone rumoured to be only 5 megapixels, they suddenly don't matter... lol.

More importantly, anyway, it has a worse spec than the iPhone 4S.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]The Galaxy S II HD has a 1.5GHz dual core CPU not a quad core. It also doesn't come with a SGX543MP4.[/citation]

And also, the specifications listed in the article point to a PowerVR SGX 540 GPU , not an SGX543MP4.

Here's the performance you can expect:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/03/imagination-technologies-powervr-sgx543mp2-really-is-faster-be/

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]Only 5-megapixel camera!! $299.99? what a croc ripoff. This is so 10 years ago. iPhone had 5MP 2 years ago. Only 32GB of ROM and then I have to buy my own?? And they copied Apple for the GPU. Only droid-bots would buy this steaming pile of sh*t. Do I should like droid-hater yet??? :)[/citation]

Sadly for Android fans, if these specifications are correct then they didn't copy the GPU, they selected the older, slower 540 instead of the newer, much faster 543 found in the iPhone 4S.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Well, it will depend on the price. I know google does good stuff, but i would need to make sure that its decent in a wide area of things. So once a review is out and i know the price, ill decide.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]And also, the specifications listed in the article point to a PowerVR SGX 540 GPU , not an SGX543MP4.Here's the performance you can expect:http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/03 [...] faster-be/[/citation]

Apologies, Vladislaus, just re-read your comment - I misread it the first time - what you said was correct.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]And it's also not as fast as the iPhone 4S[/citation]
How do you know if the Galaxy S II HD is not as fast as the iPhone 4S if is yet to be benchmarked?

The Galaxy S II HD comes with a new SoC, the Exynos 4212 as oppose to the Exynos 4210 used in the Galaxy S II. The CPU is clocked faster than in the Galaxy S II (1.2GHz vs 1.5GHz) and it has a new GPU that supposedly is twice faster than the one in the Galaxy S II.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]How do you know if the Galaxy S II HD is not as fast as the iPhone 4S if is yet to be benchmarked?The Galaxy S II HD comes with a new SoC, the Exynos 4212 as oppose to the Exynos 4210 used in the Galaxy S II. The CPU is clocked faster than in the Galaxy S II (1.2GHz vs 1.5GHz) and it has a new GPU that supposedly is twice faster than the one in the Galaxy S II.[/citation]

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were talking about a phone which had actually been released.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
Which, by the way, is another really interesting issue:

I just read an article, 3 weeks old or so which says:

'Samsung Announces the Galaxy S II HD, U.S. Launch Nowhere in Sight'

'The Galaxy S II HD will be launching in Korea first and Samsung has yet to mention any sort of availability anywhere else although we’d imagine that it will make its way to other countries after its initial launch.'

'As to where, we can’t be sure but we’d imagine that it won’t show up on U.S. carriers at any point in the near future. Can you imagine the backlash that would follow from owners of the original Galaxy S II devices?'

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/09/26/samsung-announces-the-galaxy-s-ii-hd-u-s-launch-nowhere-in-sight/

Question for Samsung Galaxy S2 owners:
how do you feel to have the latest product launch deliberately delayed so that people who've just bought a Samsung wont be angry?
how do you feel about your phone becoming immediately out of date?

And I don't ask in an aggressive way, I'm just curious :)

Status
Not open for further replies.