Leaked U.S. Docs Link Google Attack to China

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Stupid Wikileaks. They better not get people killed over this information. Plus things can be taken out of context and will look worse then it is.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
Now, that's a great opportunity for someone. Red China could have him killed and nobody would believe us when we said we didn't do it.

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights.

Thomas Jefferson

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]x3style[/nom]Patriotism and religion are the source of human suffering since the begining of time, don't you tell me about them.[/citation]

Ok don't know where you grabbed those two from? Since I didn't even mention that in my post, but hey what ever floats your boat.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Wikileaks has omitted sensitive informative that could put people in harm's way. They even contacted the US government to ask for their help in making sure the information was sanitized (which the US promptly declined). Politics should be open for everyone to see. Thank you Wikileaks for the great job you've done.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This sort of reminds me of the shadow broker in Mass Effect, tons of information on all governments, only thing is most of its the US and instead of selling to the highest bidder they are just giving it away.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]bublack33[/nom]Whoever says this is justified is a complete idiot. If you do think so, ask yourself how many of those files have you viewed. How many files changed your life? Did any of them completely change the way you look at the government even? I would bet a year's salary that every other country has hired 100's of people to pick through those files. So ask yourself.... Is it better that you didn't know that China tried to hack Google or is it better that the entire world knows 270,000 classified US documents?[/citation]

I looked at a couple files. Kinda bland and nothing out of the ordinary that I could not see on the news before any leak. Life moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS