Left speaker too quiet (stereo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

synnchan

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
I have a strange problem here. As stated by the title, my left speaker sounds too quiet, barely making noise, while my right speaker sounds about normal. I've tried too different speakers sets and getting the same results.

Vm8ve2U.png

^ I've tested them on those two windows (circled the faulty one in red). This is causing a bad effect on games as well because since one of the speakers isn't working correctly, the game's music doesn't play properly.

What can I do to solve this issue? I need some help...

Solution
In any case, I'd recommend something more serious either way. That's not an investment, seriously, go to Goodwill or something. I'm running a 5.1 surround system with wall mounts for rear speakers and a large home theater receiver powering it all for barely more than $100 (see new systems for well over $1500). Have hooked people up with decent 2.0 systems for $20.

But, to solve the problem, I still need to know about how the headphones turned out.
One immediate workaround, check windows settings.
3128-5938-Speaker-properties-dialog.jpg

Adjust accordingly. See if that helps. There's a chance that the balance is already off, which the headphone test would indicate.

psycher1

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Basic troubleshooting needed. Firstly, ensure cables are connected strongly to ports. Actually all the way in. This is a common problem with audio cables that aren't fully connected.

If not, troubleshooting:
1 - Try headphones from a different port (front headphone jack perhaps). Audio good?
2- try headphones from the same port (that you're trying to use now). Audio good?

If so, it's not the port. Next:

1 - Try a new cable from the PC port. Again, sounds like a cable problem so try something else.
2 - switch speaker cables. left speaker in the right port. Right speaker in the left. Does the problem switch speakers?
3 - You mentioned trying different speakers, were they plugged into the same head unit? Try a new head unit.
Alternate - plug this head unit into another computer / tv / console / etc.

Try those and get back to us.

psycher1

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

Receiver, radio, basically whatever electrical unit is actually powering the speakers

psycher1

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Oh... In any case, most of the steps above still stand.
Did you try headphones yet? Is the volume correct on them?
And next, did you plug these speakers into something else to see if the problem persists?

psycher1

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
In any case, I'd recommend something more serious either way. That's not an investment, seriously, go to Goodwill or something. I'm running a 5.1 surround system with wall mounts for rear speakers and a large home theater receiver powering it all for barely more than $100 (see new systems for well over $1500). Have hooked people up with decent 2.0 systems for $20.

But, to solve the problem, I still need to know about how the headphones turned out.
One immediate workaround, check windows settings.
3128-5938-Speaker-properties-dialog.jpg

Adjust accordingly. See if that helps. There's a chance that the balance is already off, which the headphone test would indicate.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.