Lego Boost Review: The Best Robot Kit for Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperHD

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
You mention that the Hub acts as the Central Processing Unit, receiving your code over Bluetooth. However, IMHO, it's the tablet really that is the engine, not the Hub. The Hub merely gets the inputs from the tablet to move a motor, light a LED, or read a sensor. Unlike Mindstorms, the Hub is not autonomous and you always need the app to have the models do anything at all. That's why it's significantly cheaper than Mindstorms.

sosewsuzi

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Great review. Your review helped me make the decision to purchase the set. I had so much fun building and coding. pushing 70 and not very techno savvy I was concerned about this coding thing. I built Vernie...after a few changes "he is now a she". A mini me. I bonded so much with the robot I bought a 2nd Boost set as I wanted to continue building the other models. My plan is to work thru the remaining models ending with the cat.

badgerma

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Please update your review. I wanted to download the BOOST app to my smartphone but that isn't allowed. I called Lego Customer Service and they confirmed that. Perhaps it was possible but not any more. I will be returning my BOOST as I don't own a tablet.

steph.heywood

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
On the box and in the product description it states "Tablet required but not included."

Awesome review - very informative - thx!

rgd1101

Don't

"To get started building and coding, kids have to download the Boost app to their iPad or Android tablets."
Maybe you need to read the article?

djjaht

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
I think it may work with the 7th Gen FIREHD 8 Tablet once you get Google Play side-loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.