Lenovo 330s slows down when plugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

funk88

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
I recently bought Lenovo 330s with i5 8th gen, nVidia 1050, SSD... My laptop slows down badly when i plug in charger. Power settings are set to max performace, running win 10. It's so slow that is hard to do anything, even windows slow down. Any suggestions?

Mar 7, 2019
Hi. Having the exact same problem right now with my laptop's sister. I was very disappointed because we got the i7 version for her. But my assumption is since the 330S has "fast charging" enabled, the laptop probably prioritizes that instead of performance even when plugged in. as you said, it starts working fine when plugged in as long as the battery is at 100%.
To follow up, please let me know if anyone finds out how to disable the fast charge function. We bought this laptop for her for her light video editing and photoshop hobbies. Having this problem will render this laptop useless since such programs will definitely draw a lot of performance power thus draining the battery quicker.
Thanks!

Sep 15, 2019
Hi. Having the exact same problem right now with my laptop's sister. I was very disappointed because we got the i7 version for her. But my assumption is since the 330S has "fast charging" enabled, the laptop probably prioritizes that instead of performance even when plugged in. as you said, it starts working fine when plugged in as long as the battery is at 100%.
To follow up, please let me know if anyone finds out how to disable the fast charge function. We bought this laptop for her for her light video editing and photoshop hobbies. Having this problem will render this laptop useless since such programs will definitely draw a lot of performance power thus draining the battery quicker.
Thanks!

Thank you!
You are absolutely right, I have the same problem and once i disabled the rapid charge the performance went back to normal!
To disable the rapid charge I used Lenovo Vantage toolbar which gives an option to turn it off and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS