Lenovo battery not charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrestha78

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I left my lenovo thinkpad P500 unused for 2 months. Now it does not run on battery and battery is not charged more than 28%. It used to show 32 % few days ago. The percentage is decreasing. It runs only after joining power adaptor. And my battery is inbuilt.

Solution
Remove the battery and the AC adapter (charger). Press and hold the power button for 3 - 4 seconds with these removed. Pop your battery back in, along with the AC adapter.

If it still refuses to charge, you could be looking at a bad battery or possibly a bad charging circuit on the motherboard. You are welcome to update the BIOS as suggested, but that is typically not the problem.

fjaesbog

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Either it's damaged, or your Motherboard isn't updated. Try to update your motherboard, and see if it charges. I'm working with laptops daily, and these problems often occurs, and by updating Bios it solves the problem.

Remove the battery and the AC adapter (charger). Press and hold the power button for 3 - 4 seconds with these removed. Pop your battery back in, along with the AC adapter.

If it still refuses to charge, you could be looking at a bad battery or possibly a bad charging circuit on the motherboard. You are welcome to update the BIOS as suggested, but that is typically not the problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.