Lenovo CPU/GPU/graphics switch?

Andyroo0521

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Hello to anyone reading. I have a question about my laptop, the Lenovo ideapad310. I was reading a few threads about changing the CPU and GPU and wondering if I could add a graphics card/replace the graphics card in my laptop.

Since I wasn't able to find any other questions out there that related specifically to mine, I made this thread to ask for specific details about whether or not I could do what I wanted.

The specs for the inside are:

Processor AMD A12-9700P Radeon R7, 10 compute cores 4C+6G 2.50 GHz
RAM: 12GB (1x8GB 1x4GB) DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon R7

I was mostly curious about whether or not I could switch out the graphics processor, or if it was soldered and impossible to take out without breaking the computer. The main question in my mind is "Am I able to switch out the AMD Radeon R7 with something like Nvidia or something?"

Sorry if my question is really stupid or if I'm missing something, but I'd really appreciate any help or feedback!

Thanks!

CorsairSSC

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
On this chip, the graphics units are a part of the CPU. To replace these you would need to switch out the CPU itself, which is not possible because A) it is soldered on and B) because this is the top-of-the-line chip that AMD offers right now. If this were a desktop you could easily upgrade anything, but unfortunately it is a laptop. I also advise against opening up your laptop and trying to upgrade parts; it will certainly invalidate any warranty you have on it.

Andyroo0521

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016

Well it sucks that I can't upgrade the parts, but thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!