I have an unusual problem in my laptop display since two days.
I can see the shadow of earlier used programs in the screen. It then fades after turning off the screen for 20-30 mins and reappears on 10-15 mins of usage which becomes more prominent and noticeable further.
sorry i could not explain it correctly may be...still expect some help from the friends over here..thanks in advance !!
Have screen ghosts? Is it an LCD screen? Try this...
1. Create an all-white screen. This can be done in any painting program. You will want an image the size of your screen (aka desktop wallpaper size).
2. Set this image to be displayed by your screen saver.
3. Set the screen saver to turn on in a very short time period. If you can get it down to display in 1 minute, great.
4. Turn your brightness down, way down, but not off. You are doing this to save your backlight bulp light. Don't need to create a new problem.
5. Now let it go to screen saver mode and leave it that way for a good hour, if not more. It depends on the amount of time the program that left the ghost image was running. You want to let this dimmed screen saver run for at least as long as the program did.
Is this current image for things that were on the screen after the instructions were done, or are they for items that were on the screen prior to?
Also, do you have any other electronics on and near the laptop when this happens? Possibly even connected to it? I ask because sometimes other objects can emit interference that the laptop can react to.
well .. this particular image is hours before i tried how u instructed me.
After i did what you said, there was no improvement either. It faded when left with that white scrrensaver for an hour but again reappeared after i started using laptop.
I mean I get the ghost image (as you mentioned) of whatever I use.
P.S- ghost screen appears for still/static window only..while watching movie in full screen, it didnt happen ..
I wonder if it is the problem of software or hardware. please help